Robert Cleland was inspired to become a criminal defense attorney while working for his aunt, herself a criminal defense attorney, when he was a teenager. He saw the role she had in helping to make a difference in people’s lives, a privilege he now greatly enjoys.
A graduate of Portland State University and Lewis and Clark Law School, he has lived in Portland for the past two decades and although not born in Oregon, considers himself an adopted Oregonian. In fact, his great-grandfather relocated his family here during the great depression while he worked for the WPA. They lived in Vanport until it was destroyed by the flood in 1948. After the flood, they moved to the Concordia neighborhood and lived on NE Ainsworth for the many years that followed.
Robert enjoys running, reading (particularly contemporary literature and American History), and enjoying time with friends and family.
- “DUI Law in Oregon” – Oregon Association of Licensed Investigators – 2016 Fall Seminar
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- The Other Bar – Oregon “Lawyers Helping Lawyers” – 2015 – present
- The 4th Dimension Recovery Center – Founding Board Member – 2013-2015